Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spanish Rice

Pin It!

I'm going to keep this post simple and sweet because well, I have to get my daughter to school like... right now. Sooooo, all you lovely people will just have to bare with me as I keep this post to a minimum. Do you think you can do that? I appreciate it. I mean, I really and truly wish I could sit here and write a long, detailed post about all the amazing things happening in my life. But, well, let's face it, there's really nothing that amazing going on in my life right now anyways. If I were going to write a long post, I would probably be here for hours trying to come up with a story, or a funny little anecdote. But, unfortunately, there is simply no time for this. My daughter is sitting on the couch just waiting for me and waiting for me... and I really must go now! 

Here is my version of spanish rice. This is the same recipe *with a little tweaking* that my husband used to make for me when we were dating. He liked to impress me by cooking for me and making me wonderful meals. He really and truly knew the way to my heart, and he still does!

Easy Spanish Rice Recipe:   

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium onion (diced)
  • 2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
  • 3 cups water
Directions:

In a large pan (with a lid) over medium heat, add oil and heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic and onions. Sautee for 4-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. 

Add rice and stir. Allow rice to cook for about 2 minutes, then add your tomato sauce your water and your chicken bouillon cubes.

Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer.

Cook for about 20 minutes, or until rice is no longer "sticky".

4 comments :

  1. YUM! Totally just pinned this bad boy- off to check out that breakfast burrito looking thing now- man I am hungry!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy Brown-LoweryMay 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

    You could substitute "EL PATO TOMATO SAUCE" which is a mexican style hot tomato sauce for the regular tomato sauce. We love it and it gives everything a nice zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this....this is super easy & perfect for burritos:) I always make Spanish rice with meat & peppers as a meal so this is perfect change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Now How redick am I?! I already pinned it- ? Looks like in May?! WEll.. Pinned it again!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...